43% of young Russians are ready to volunteer in their city
43% of young people are ready to volunteer in their city
The National Agency for Financial Research (NAFI) surveyed thousands of people aged 14-35.
33% of young people aged 14-35 have volunteered in the last year. Moreover, 67% said they wanted to become volunteers at an event if the topic and conditions suited them.
Every fourth young person (24%) is likely to respond immediately to a volunteer recruitment initiative in their city. Every second young person (43%) will decide after learning more about the kind of volunteer work and conditions from the organisers. Every fourth person (26%) is prepared to go to another region to volunteer. Every second person (48%) is prepared to volunteer in their city.
Young people are most interested in:
- Helping animals in shelters and nature reserves (33%)
- Solving environmental problems (25%)
- Helping refugees, parentless children, people without housing, or low-income families (22%)
- Organising exhibitions and excursions, or preserving heritage (20%)
- Organising sports festivals and marathons (18%)