Contest on projects to support the disabled, deadline 30 September
The Second Competition for programmes and practices in the field of socio-cultural rehabilitation for disabled people has been announced
Applications are open until 30 September.
The main goal of this competition is to promote the full participation of people with disabilities in society, to develop their creative and intellectual potential, to support and further distribute the best programs and practices in the field of socio-cultural rehabilitation for disabled people, as well as to attract the attention of society and the media in relation to this issue.
Citizens and organisations who implement successful socio-cultural rehabilitation for disabled people are invited to participate.
There are six categories featured in the competition:
- “Creativity without limits” – rehabilitation for disabled people and the development of new skills through art, creating the conditions for aesthetic and artistic education and independent creativity for people with disabilities
- “Lessons of kindness” – lessons on understanding disability, held at educational, social and cultural institutions
- “Life without barriers” – socio-cultural, educational and recreational programmes held at cultural and social institutions to provide an accessible environment, adapted for disabled people
- “Relaxing together” – programme which focus on inclusive recreational activities for children. The applicants should offer an inclusive retreat programme for its whole period.
- “Helping hand” – programme (project) for the development of inclusive volunteerism, training of volunteers and social assistants for people with disabilities
- “Overcoming” – programmes focused on developing remote forms of socio-cultural rehabilitation
The competition was founded by the Russian Federation’s Civic Chamber for Accessibility and the Development of Inclusive Practices, the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection, the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Culture and the Agency for Strategic Initiatives (ASI). The competition has been organised by the Diana Gurtskaya Centre of Socio-Cultural Rehabilitation.
Applications for the competition are to be made online and will close on 30 September.
The expert Council will examine the submissions and decide the winners by 31 October 2020.
The nominees and the winners will be officially endorsed by the Civic Chamber. A description of the practices and programmes, both nominated and winning, will be published in the handbook summarising the competition’s results. The winners will receive prizes and diplomas.
If you have any questions, please contact the organising committee by email: email@example.com. Source: https://www.asi.org.ru/news/2020/08/25/moskva-konkurs-sotsiokulturnaya-reabilitatsiya-lyudi-s-invalidnostyu-gurtskaya/