Statement from The BEARR Trust on Ukraine
We at The BEARR Trust are deeply saddened by the invasion of Ukraine.
Our thoughts are with all our partners and their families, and of course the people they work so hard to help. We would like them to know how much we value the relationships that we have built up over the last thirty years. We remain firmly committed to improving the health and social welfare of vulnerable people throughout Eastern Europe and Central Asia. We will continue to do everything we can to support your work.
The BEARR Trust
Suggested organisations to donate to, supporting health and social welfare efforts in Ukraine:
- The Association of Ukrainians in Great Britain – the London Branch are fundraising for humanitarian aid: https://gofundme.com/f/helpukraine-emergency-appeal
- Caritas Ukraine: https://www.caritas.org/ukraine-seven-decades-of-fighting-against-poverty-and-for-human-dignity/
- British Red Cross: https://donate.redcross.org.uk/appeal/ukraine-crisis-appeal
- International Committee of the Red Cross: https://www.icrc.org/en/donate/ukraine
- Home and Homes: https://www.hopeandhomes.org/news-article/response-war-ukraine/
- Refugee Council: https://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/
- Age International Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal: https://www.ageinternational.org.uk/