Freelance part-time job opportunity for Russian-Ukrainian-English translator and website assistant
The BEARR Trust is looking for a UK-based bilingual Russian/Ukrainian translator with excellent English, to work on a part-time and freelance basis on the tasks described below.
The deadline for applications has now passed. Applicants will be contacted soon.
The BEARR Trust is a small British charity supporting vulnerable groups in Eastern Europe, the South Caucasus and Central Asia, and has a bilingual English and Russian website (in many of the countries it deals with Russian is still often used as a second language).
- To translate into Russian all new material generated by BEARR and its bi-monthly newsletter, and post on the Russian-language side of its website.
- To maintain a mailing list of recipients of the Russian-language version of the newsletter and send it out via Mailchimp.
- To translate some website material into Ukrainian for potential Ukrainian-language pages on the website.
- Subject to appropriate skills levels, to interpret into/from Ukrainian or Russian for on-line or in-person webinars and conferences.
- Minimum language skills equivalent to CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for languages) Level C2 in Russian and Ukrainian; excellent knowledge of English language.
- Interest in and some knowledge of the entire region.
- Interest in health and welfare issues.
- Ability to use WordPress and Mailchimp.
- Attention to detail.
Pay and conditions
- Self-employed, freelance, approximately 12-15 hours per month, choosing own hours of work and responsible for own taxes.
- Pay: £15 per hour.
Please send your CV (resumé) with a one page covering letter stating how your qualifications and experience fit the job description, no later than 17 June, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Website Assistant” in the subject line.
Please respond no later than 17 June!