Bids invited for projects to support inclusion
The Agency for Strategic Initiatives is launching an initiative to highlight projects dedicated to children’s recreation and creating an inclusive environment for people with disabilities.
The initiative is called 100 Leaders in Social Development and is tasked with the ‘formation of an inclusive environment for people with disabilities in various organisations and institutions’.
As part of the selection process, the following priority areas were identified:
- Projects aimed at the socialisation and integration of people with disabilities.
- Corporate employee training programmes aimed at raising awareness of inclusion issues.
- Practices of organising tactful and safe services for people with disabilities, ensuring their maximum level of independence and self-sufficiency.
- Organisational and technical solutions ensuring the availability of services and events provided by all kinds of organisations and institutions.
- Solutions and visual support that help people with disabilities interact with the outside world, build self-confidence, develop foresight to maximise their opportunities.
- General methods for adapting content, websites, social networks and other information sources to serve people with disabilities.
- Educational activities aimed at preventing bullying in an inclusive environment, increasing tolerance, breaking down barriers in communicating with people with disabilities.
- Practices to ensure the participation of persons with disabilities in public events.
Candidates for participation in the programme must submit projects of proven social benefit. The project should be already underway and provide a personnel and resource base. Among the main selection criteria for projects is the presence of a systemic and measurable effect.
Applications are accepted on the Agency’s website.
The agency is prepared to support the most interesting projects. Project leaders will be able to undergo acceleration, receive expert advice and mentoring from leading experts, receive assistance in replicating and scaling up the project, and, if necessary, assist in removing administrative barriers at different levels.
Applications will be accepted until 14 October, 2019.
You can ask questions about the selection to the director of projects of the Social Projects department of the agency Mikhail Istomin by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.