Registration opens for all-Russian forum on national plan for children
The all-Russian online forum on child welfare takes place in Moscow on 13-14 November. The forum, which welcomes participants from across the world, is entitled The National Action Plan for Children: Meeting the Challenges of the Decade of Childhood.
The forum is being organised by the Moscow State Psychological and Pedagogical University and the Charitable Foundation of Elena and Gennady Timchenko. It has also received support from the Foundation to Prevent Child Abandonment, the Charitable Foundation The Arithmetic of Good, the Psychological Institute of the Russian Academy of Education and the Moscow State Pedagogical Institute.
The forum aims to examine the future of the National Action Plan for children within the decade of childhood. Experts will present and debate best social practice on a domestic and international level, they will consider inter-agency models of working in children’s services and the social infrastructure for vulnerable children.
On the first day of the forum delegates will discuss the following topics:
- The social and educational inclusion of children with disabilities and life-limiting conditions
Venue: The Federal Resource Centre for the organisation of complex support for children on the autistic spectrum
- The rights of children to live with their biological family. The deinstitutionalisation of orphaned children and children deprived of parental care
Venue: Analytical Centre of the Russian Government
- The Present and Future for Gifted Children
Venue: The Agency for Strategic Initiatives
- The Voice of a Child: taking the views of children into consideration when making decisions that affect their interests
Venue: The Public Chamber of the Russian Federation.
- Systems for child protection within the law: children as law-breakers, children as victims and children in the virtual environment
Venue: Moscow State Psychological and Pedagogical University
- Professional Personnel for Children
Venue: The Dmitry Rogachev National Centre for Research and Practice in Child Haematology, Oncology and Immunology
- Contemporary Child Sub-Culture: Developing Potential
Venue: The Charitable Foundation The Arithmetic of Good
On the second day of the forum (14 November) a plenary session entitled Russia Today will be held in the International Multi-Media Centre (MIA). Speakers will include representatives of the federal authorities as well as Russian and foreign experts in childhood.
Delegates attending the forum will include representatives of Russia’s executive authorities, education professionals, NGOs, experts in childhood, business people, officials involved in regional action plans to safeguard children and other specialists from home and abroad.
Registration begins on 3 November. If you wish to attend please register online using the website.
For additional information please call: +7-916-471-95-84, +7-909-966-55-37, (495) 632-94-33, 608-16-27 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.